Before starting BASE Camp Collections (my former online shop), I did a lot of research. Everything that I read said I needed to start a blog to help get my brand out there. My thoughts were “Seriously? Why on earth would I need to do that?”
While I do believe that a person can get blogged down following too many blogs, (get it??? “blogged down?” I crack myself up!) I also believe that every single person can find guidance and inspiration in any area of their lives. What are you passionate about? What do you want to learn more about? What do you need help with?
Take finances for instance. Having trouble figuring out how to stop living from paycheck to paycheck? Find a blog to help show you a great step by step plan to get out of debt. It’ll give you steps you need to take, help hold you accountable, and have someone who has already been through it not only show you the way but also to give you encouragement on your journey.
Are you considering retirement and need help with planning? There are blogs to help you. Are you a family that homeschools and want to connect with others who do the same thing? Do you love to travel and looking for some great tips to get the best deals available or the best places to visit on a budget? How about DIY – do you enjoy creating things but need some inspiration? Dealing with a chronic illness? There are a plethora of bloggers out there that will not only help you get through your days but offer some great resources as well.
There are blogs for just about anything you can think of and I’ve put together a small list to help you get started.
- Victoria over at Confessions of a New/Old Home Owner not only has some delicious recipes but some gorgeous DIY projects. While you’re there, be sure to check out her Bee House project! (this is on my DIY to-do list and I’ll be sharing that with you when I’ve finished it).
- In my opinion, one of the best financial guys out there is Dave Ramsey. Financial Peace University is a great program and I highly recommend it for EVERYONE.
- One of my absolute favorite bloggers is Rosemarie at The Busy Budgeter. She offers a balanced life for busy people and I truly feel like I could sit down to lunch with her and talk for hours! (update: I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Rosemarie at a blogging conference and I was right….I did sit down with her and talked for hours! She is a genius at budgeting and blogging, so head over and get to know her for yourself!)
- I love Christina over at Gathering Joy. She is an absolute gem and helps you balance home, work, family time all while putting Jesus first.
- Nicole over a House of Hermens offers help at “Surviving Parenthood on a Budget and a Prayer.”
- Oh my goodness! Do you keep a day planner? How about a bullet journal? I am completely addicted to Boho Berry! Kara has some great posts and videos on handwriting. Yep! I’m a doodler…always have been and now I’m turning everything I write into my handwriting practice. Nothing is safe in my house anymore! If you keep a daily journal, weekly planner or just love handwriting, you have to check out Kara’s blog (and now Kara has those fun planner stickers available in her Etsy Shop as well – I do not get anything for referring you to her shop. I just love her stuff and have to share it with you!) I DARE you to not become addicted.
- There are so many incredible food blogs available and they all have their own specialties. This list could go on for days, so I won’t bog you down with too many, however, be sure to check out Hungry Enough to Eat Six! Nancy has some scrumptious recipes that you’ll want to include in your weekly meal planning.
There are an endless amount of blogs out there and the best place to get started is Pinterest. Just type in something that interests you. You’ll pull up pages upon pages of blogs available on that subject. Remember, you may not connect with the first blog you come across. That’s o.k. I recommend that you follow several until you find someone you connect with.
Bloggers are such an amazing group of people, all pouring their hearts out because they truly care and want to make a difference in your life.
I love finding new blogs to follow, so be sure to leave me a comment below and tell me your favorite!
Now Go. Search and Enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to sign-up for our newsletter below so that you don’t miss out on a single post.
Until next time, my friend…..
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
P.S. Are you reading this and thinking, “Hey, I’m good at one or more of these things. Maybe I should start a blog!” My answer to you is “HECK YEAH, you should!” Start following several blogs and see what you think. Blogging is a great way to connect with some incredible people. It can also be an amazing side hustle, and can, in fact, turn into a full-time job! Check out Rosemarie at The Busy Budgeter and Grayson at iMark Interactive for a step by step guide on starting your own blog (and Grayson is a master I.T. guy)!
I, also, highly recommend Elite Blog Academy. This is essentially a college blogging course. Enrollment only opens once a year, but you can get on the waiting list here. It walks you step by step through how to blog, beginning with building a solid foundation all the way through how to make a full-time income from home.
Special Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Unless otherwise noted, by purchasing products through these links, I may receive a small commission, however, your cost for the item does not change. Through this commission, I can continue my blog and purchase items to help in the day to day running of Footprints of Inspiration.