I am completely humbled and honored to have been nominated for The Blogger Recognition Award by Amanda over at My Lovely Crazy Life. Thank you, Amanda! It is truly a blessing!
How FOI was born
I came to blogging by way of a chronic illness. I knew that God was preparing me for something bigger through all my struggles. I love helping others, but because of perfume and cologne induced migraines, going into public comes at a high price for me. Through it all, God led me to blogging to help others find joy no matter what they are going through. Because of these migraines, I miss a lot of work in my day job but through blogging, I’m able to work around my downtime and still make money – something I can’t do when I have to call out of work because of a migraine or other illness. Hence, Footprints of Inspiration was born.
I’m having the time of my life being able to work from home, help others, and earn an income that entirely runs around and despite my illness. God has blessed me more than I could have ever thought possible and I’d go through every single struggle again because it’s all led me right here to where I am now – connecting with others and helping others through the difficulties and daily challenges in life.
FOI’s Advice to a New Blogger
- Get to know your avatar. I mean really know them inside and out. Know their name, what their hobbies are, where they enjoy spending their time. In knowing all of this, you begin to learn what their needs are and how you can help them.
- Narrow down your niche. When you try to write to everyone, you write to no one. When I finally allowed myself to do this, my blogging world completely opened up and my niche became crystal clear.
- Nurture your e-mail subscribers and celebrate the unsubscribes. I know, I know, this may sound difficult, but you want your subscribers to be so excited for your newsletter that when it shows up in their inbox, they can’t wait to read it. When someone unsubscribes, they aren’t your target audience and that’s completely o.k. You are gathering your loyal following and that’s an incredible thing!
- Be true to who you are. If you’re blogging as a business, don’t try to collaborate with everyone just to make money. Stay true to what you believe in and always stay beholden to your readers first. If you remember this first and foremost, the rest will follow.
FOI’s Blogger’s Recognition Award Nominees
- Living Our Priorities
- My Life Nurse
- Hungry Enough to Eat Six
- House of Hermens
- Alice and Lois
- Gathering Joy
- Living in A Lavender Field
- Lisa Murray
- Healthy Living Mom
- Ribbons and Glue
- Decor by the Seashore
- Easy on the Tongue
- Simple Living Country Gal
- The Homemade Life
Rules of the Awards
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
Thank you, again, Amanda, for nominating FOI!
While you’re here, be sure to check out my nominations for The Blogger Recognition Award. Also, grab your favorite beverage and take some time looking around FOI!
Want tips and strategies to help propel your blog to the next level? Sign-up below to have them delivered directly to your inbox.
Until next time, my friend…..
P.S. Interested in the class that has taught me how to make a regular income in less than two years? Get enrollment details here.
Get the latest blogging news
Subscribe to get tips and strategies for growing your blog!