With Father’s Day right around the corner, I want to let my guy (and dads) know how much they mean to me. But this year, since I’ve been on an extended medical leave of absence, I’ve got to show them without breaking the bank.
So I took to the web and collaborated with some of my friends to find the best ideas for a great Father’s Day to help make the guys in our lives feel special!
Whether the special man in your life is with you, has been called home, or is no longer in your life, I have a round-up of great gift ideas, scrumptious meals, and ways to make it through the pain that so many of you experience on this day.
This post may contain affiliate links. This simply means that if you purchase a product by clicking a link, though your cost does not change, I may receive a small commission. For more information, see our privacy and disclaimer page.
Father’s Day Gift Ideas
Any dad would be thrilled to receive any of these great gifts!
- FREE Father’s Day SVG Cut Files – From yours truly
- 17 Best Father’s Day Gifts (for $20 or less) – From Rosemarie Groner at The Busy Budgeter
- Dad’s Toolbox with free printable – From Moms and Munchkins
- Handprints Baseball Father’s Day Gift – From Sunny Day Family
Father’s Day Recipes and Food Ideas
Scouring the web to find you the perfect Father’s Day meal has got my mouth watering! In fact, I may not be able to wait until Father’s Day to make some of this deliciousness!
- Cheesy Breakfast Bacon Burrito – From Delish
- Bacon Weave Breakfast Tacos – Also from Delish (If bacon is in the recipe, then I have no doubt this will be a hit with my guy!)
- Epic Quinoa Burgers with Sweet Potato Fries, Carmelized Onions, and Grueyer – From Half-Baked Harvest (If your favorite guy doesn’t like quinoa, you can certainly substitute a traditional ground beef burger, which is what I’ll be doing.)
- Slow Cooker Sweet & Sour Brisket – From Leigh Anne Wilkes
- Tilapia Fish Tacos – From Eazy Peazy Mealz (This recipe has quickly become a favorite in our house.)
- Best Ever German Chocolate Cake – From A dash of Sanity (Fun fact: German Chocolate is my favorite cake!)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp – From Yellow Bliss Road (This is another favorite in the Rotzoll house. Seriously, when my guys hear that I’m making this, no matter where they are, they come running!)
Encouragement ON A painful Father’s day
I realize that Father’s Day can be an extremely difficult day for some.
Maybe your father or spouse has been called home to be with our Lord. Perhaps you’ve had a falling out with your dad, or have never even had a relationship with him.
Maybe you haven’t been the father you’d like to be.
Whatever your circumstances, here are some encouraging posts to help you through your day.
- The Value of Father’s Day (even when it hurts) – From True and Faithful
- Fathers, Do You Struggle with Provoking Your Children? – From Living Our Priorities
- I Don’t Know My Daddy Like That – From Her Soul Speaks (Grab your tissues on this one, friend, and be prepared to learn a little something!)
Christian encouragement for Father’s Day
- Dear Boys: Dad Deserves the Last Piece of Pie – From Lightly Frayed
- When Dad Goes to Church – From Faithful Motherhood
So there you have it. The best ideas to help make Father’s Day special for you and the special guy in your life.
Whether you’re celebrating Father’s Day with someone you love or figuring out a way to make a painful day less so, my prayer for you is that you find a way to celebrate that creates many wonderful memories.
Thanks for stopping by the blog today, be sure to take a look around and say hello before you leave.
Until next time, my friend…
P.S. Don’t miss a single post. Sign up for our newsletter below and have them delivered right to your inbox.
Pin for later
Special Note: This post may contain affiliate links. All opinions are my own. By purchasing products through these links, I may receive a small commission, however, your cost for the item does not change. Through this commission, I can continue my blog and purchase items to help in the day to day running of Footprints of Inspiration. For more information, see our privacy and disclaimer page.
Footprints of Inspiration is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”
More great posts you may like
Learning how to put our complete trust in God isn’t easy. We say we trust God, but what we really mean is that we trust Him for what we want, when we want it. At Footprints of Inspiration we uncover who you are and why you were created; how to walk in healing through forgiveness; and how to go before the Lord with confidence. Through this journey, you’ll discover that it truly is possible to experience peace, even in the hardest times in your life.
Tammy Rotzoll is the founder and owner of Footprints of Inspiration and podcast host at A Faithful God Podcast (which can be found on your favorite podcast player). She lives in Virginia with her husband and together they’re learning how to navigate their fun, new adventure as empty nesters.
Join Tammy and the FOI community and discover the freedom that comes from saying, “Heck yeah, God! I’m all in!”