How is it that some people are so confident in God?
You see them going through life, being knocked down over and over again. Yet, they stand strong, knowing that no matter what happens, God has them.
I’m going to let you in on a little secret.
They are confident in God because they have a relationship with Him. They’ve learned who He is and have grown to trust Him because He shows up for them every single time.
Today I’m going to share how you can find confidence in God no matter what life throws at you. (I’ll even include my 10 Favorite Scriptures to Help You Become More Confident in God.)
For your convenience, this post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase after clicking on one of the links, though your cost does not change, I may receive a small commission. For more information, see our privacy and disclaimer page.
suiting up every day
If you’ve been following FOI for a while, you’ve most likely heard me say this before, but it’s so important, I’ll say it again.
There’s a difference between knowing about God and truly knowing Him.
Before we dive into my favorite scriptures, it’s important to note that the only way you can truly become confident in everything that God has promised you, is by suiting up with His Armor every single day.
Humor me for a moment…
Think about someone important in your life. How did you learn to trust them?
I would venture to say that you spent time with them, getting to know who they are. You’ve probably discussed your hopes and dreams, your beliefs, and have enjoyed many conversations together.
Well, a relationship with God is no different.
You have to show up and actually spend time getting to know who He is.
Start your day by reading scripture.
Before I really got to know God for myself, I had been through countless Sunday school classes and Bible studies (which I loved, by the way!) but I never sat down and just spent time with Him…one on one.
After all, you can’t be confident in someone if you don’t know anything about them. Even God!
When you start your day by spending time in His presence, that’s when you’ll really begin to know who God is.
speak to him throughout the day
As long as I can remember, I’ve said my nightly prayers, but what I didn’t do was talk to God throughout the day.
My friend, God wants to have a relationship with you. You speak to your friends and loved ones throughout your day, right? Well, again, it’s no different with God.
Let Him know what you are struggling with. Ask Him to guide you through your storms.
Simply talk to Him!
Thank instead of ask
As I mentioned above, I’ve always said a nightly prayer.
However, it always went a little something like this,
Dear Lord, please do this, or please do that. I want, I want, I want. I ask, I ask, I ask.
Well, you get what I’m saying.
I spent an entire prayer asking of Him and rarely did I ever spend time thanking Him for all the blessings that He had given me.
What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
You may have heard that before, but did you ever really consider it?
It certainly opened my eyes, and you can darn sure bet that I never prayed that way again!
So I ask you, are you thanking God or are you simply asking of Him over and over again?
10 Scriptures to help you be confident in god
Now that you understand that forging a relationship with God is the key to becoming confident in His promises, I want to share 10 of my favorite scriptures to help you in your journey.
- In the reverent and worshipful fear of the Lord, there is strong confidence, and His children shall always have a place of refuge. Proverbs 14:26 AMPC
- So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9 NLT
- [Most] blessed is the man who believes in, trusts in, and relies on the Lord, and whose hope and confidence the Lord is. Jeremiah 17:7 AMPC
- And this is the confidence (the assurance, the privilege of boldness) which we have in Him: [we are sure] that if we ask anything (make any request) according to His will (in agreement with His own plan), He listens to and hears us. 1 John 5:14 AMPC
- The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure. 1 Corinthians 10:13 NLT
- It is better to trust and take refuge in the Lord than to put confidence in man. Psalm 118:8 AMPC
- For everyone who keeps on asking receives; and he who keeps on seeking finds; and to him who keeps on knocking, [the door] will be opened. Matthew 7:8 AMPC
- Though a mighty army surrounds me, my heart will not be afraid. Even if I am attacked, I will remain confident. Psalm 27:3 NLT
- What then shall we say to [all] this? If God is for us, who [can be] against us? [Who can be our foe if God is on our side?] Romans 8:31 AMPC
- But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31 NLT
- If you’d like to dive deeper into surrendering your challenges to God and learning to be confident in all that He has and continues to promise you, be sure to join us for our FREE 30-Day Confident in God Scripture Writing Challenge.
The journey of learning to be confident in God is not a quick one.
It requires time spent getting to know Him by studying His Word. It means forging a real relationship with Him by talking with Him throughout your day.
Today I challenge you to spend time getting to know God.
In fact, I’d love to have you join us for our FREE 30-Day Confident in God Scripture Challenge. Simply sign up for our newsletter to have every verse delivered to your inbox each morning. (Don’t worry, I’ll keep it super quick. I want you spending time getting to know God, not reading a long email!)
Thanks for stopping by the blog today. Be sure to say hello before you leave!
Until next time, my friend…
Pin for later
Special Note: This post may contain affiliate links. All opinions are my own. By purchasing products through these links, I may receive a small commission, however, your cost for the item does not change. Through this commission, I can continue my blog and purchase items to help in the day to day running of Footprints of Inspiration. For more information, see our privacy and disclaimer page.
Footprints of Inspiration is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”
Learning how to put our complete trust in God isn’t easy. We say we trust God, but what we really mean is that we trust Him for what we want, when we want it. At Footprints of Inspiration we uncover who you are and why you were created; how to walk in healing through forgiveness; and how to go before the Lord with confidence. Through this journey, you’ll discover that it truly is possible to experience peace, even in the hardest times in your life.
Tammy Rotzoll is the founder and owner of Footprints of Inspiration and podcast host at A Faithful God Podcast (which can be found on your favorite podcast player). She lives in Virginia with her husband and together they’re learning how to navigate their fun, new adventure as empty nesters.
Join Tammy and the FOI community and discover the freedom that comes from saying, “Heck yeah, God! I’m all in!”