Christmas is right around the corner and I could not be more excited!
The glow of the twinkling Christmas lights, a fire burning in the fireplace, the smell of pine from a gorgeous, decked out tree and even the hustle and bustle of shopping.
Yep, I love it all!
This time of year brings with it that oh-so-fun list of wishes from your loved ones. And if you have a crafter on your list, you’ll find they are some of the easiest people to buy for.
However, just in case you have no idea what to get your craftaholic, I’ve put together a list of my favorite Christmas Ideas for the Crafter on Your List.
For your convenience, this post contains affiliate links. This means that if you purchase something after clicking one of the links below, though your cost does not change, I may receive a small commission from it. For more information, see our Privacy and Disclaimer page.
I know you want to get your shopping done, so I’ll get right to it!
Craft ideas for your christmas list
- Gift Cards – Every crafter loves a gift card so they can purchase more crafting supplies. Think JoAnn Fabrics, Hobby Lobby, Michael’s, My Vinyl Direct, Amazon, or Swing Design.
I know what you’re thinking…gift cards are so impersonal.
Well, I feel the same way and would much rather give someone an actual gift to open.
So how about wrapping up a gift card with a fun organizational item? There isn’t a crafter alive that doesn’t need more storage solutions for all their crafting supplies.
Believe me, they will ALWAYS find a use for any of these fun goodies.
- Silhouette Cutting Machine – I absolutely love my Silhouette Cameo cutting machine and if you have someone on your list that loves to craft a Silhouette Cameo is a must!
They have great starter kits that include everything your loved one needs to start crafting right out of the box. Special note: this is a big-ticket item.
Budget Hint: Don’t pay full price for this! Typically on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, you can get a Silhouette Cutting Machine for a great price.
- Cricut Easy Press– If your crafter has a Silhouette (or another cutting machine) and is using their household iron for pressing vinyl, I’m here to help you become their hero!
This nifty little heat press is an incredible tool that takes crafting to a whole new level. Special note: this is another big-ticket item.
Budget Hint: Don’t pay full price for this either! Typically on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, you can get a Heat Press for a great price.
- Every crafter needs a ruler, but not just any ol’ ruler will do. This is the one I grab first every single time!
- Scissors, scissors, and more scissors! I think I have about 7 pairs that I use on a regular basis.
- As I stated earlier, a Glue gun and Glue sticks are a staple that every crafter needs.
- Paints and different sized paintbrushes.
- Ribbon, ribbon and more ribbon! Head to your nearest craft store and pick up different colors and sizes.
BUDGET HINT: I usually hit up the sale bins at Michael’s to stock up on ribbon.
Silhouette Cutting Machine Users
If the crafter on your list already has a Silhouette, then there is an array of items that every cutting machine enthusiast will love.
- Silhouette School E-books – These books are a must-have for every Silhouette user!
- Cutting mats – Although I have a Silhouette cutting machine, I still prefer the Cricut brand cutting mats. They are cheaper and hold up far better than the Silhouette brand.
- Cutting Blades – A Silhouette user is always in need of new cutting blades.
- Roll Feeder – I love, love, love my roll feeder!
- Clear contact paper – Yep, Dollar General contact paper works the best and the price right!
- Magic Vinyl Remover – A must for any crafter working with Heat Transfer Vinyl! Believe me, they will thank you for this.
- Heat Press Tape – Any crafter that personalizes, hats, t-shirts, sweatshirts, blankets or just about any other type of fabric will love getting this as a Christmas gift.
So there you have it! My top Christmas Picks for the Crafter on Your List.
Honestly, you won’t go wrong by just walking down a couple of aisles at your local craft store and tossing in a few things here and a few things there.
Your crafter will find a use for just about anything you give them.
Oh, and don’t forget that special someone who needs an Inspirational Gift for Christmas too!
Thanks for stopping by the blog today. Be sure to take a look around while you’re here and, sign-up for our newsletter! We’ll make sure that you don’t miss a post by having them delivered right to your inbox.
Until next time, my friend…..