If perfection is keeping you from experiencing a real relationship with God, then you're in the right place! In this episode of A Faithful God Podcast, we'll uncover the common expectations surrounding faith, and how to combat them with a little tough love and a lot of God's truth. In this 3-part series, I'll teach you how to let go of perfection to follow God just as you are.
Raise your hand if you feel like you don’t measure up when it comes to following God.
Yeah, I’ve been there too, my friend.
If you’ve ever thought…
- I try to lay my worries at God’s feet, but 30 minutes later I’m right back to worrying again.
- I’m an obsessive worrier, so I’ll never be able to fully trust God.
- I can’t pray in public, because my prayers aren’t as good as “hers.”
- I’ve tried forgiving them, but then something happens that sends me spiraling back to the pain as if no time had passed.
- Others talk about hearing God, but I can’t hear a thing.
- I’ll never be able to forgive myself for what I did.
- I’m doing all the right things, why am I still having all these trials and challenges?
- I keep praying, but it doesn’t seem like God is even listening.
…then you’re not alone.
And I’ve got you covered!
In today’s episode, we’re starting a 3-part series called Unshackled Faith: Releasing Unrealistic Expectations to Follow God.
This post and episode may contain affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase after clicking some of the links below, although your cost doesn’t change, I may receive a small commission. For more information, see my privacy and disclaimers.
How to let go of perfection to follow God
We’ll unpack our desire for perfection surrounding faith and how it create barriers that keep us from experiencing the life God wants for us.
We’ll also uncover the negative impact unrealistic expectations have on our relationship with God and how they do nothing but hinder our spiritual growth.
- The phrase, “Letting Go and Letting God,” and how I don’t care for it.
- What it really means to hear from God.
- What forgiving someone really looks like.
- How forgiving ourselves isn’t a one-and-done thing.
- The myth that when we’re doing all the right things, life shouldn’t be so hard.
LETTING GO OF UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS
My mission is to help women grow closer to God in realistic ways, and teach them how to let go of perfection to follow God— and that includes you, my friend!
So I’ve put together a free resource to help you walk through this 3-part series. Simply sign up below, and I’ll get it right out to you.
Then grab those earbuds and your favorite beverage and join me in this 3-part series called Unshackled Faith, as we explore how to let go of perfection to follow God, and embrace the life you were created for.
- 00:00 Intro
- 05:04 The perfect faith walk
- 07:54 Letting Go & Letting God
- 13:41 Hearing from God
- 18:22 Forgiving someone
- 21:35 Forgiving yourself
- 29:00 Why is life so hard
- 31:52 Expectations surrounding prayer
- 33:45 Showing up just as you are
- 37:51 Wrapping Up
If you loved part one of this series, be sure to check out part 2 as well.
Rate and Review the Show
“I love Tammy and A Faithful God Podcast!.” If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show!
This helps me support more women — just like you — grow closer to God and learn how to apply God’s Word to their life.
Simply click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.”
Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about this episode!
Mentioned in TODAY’S show
The Healthy Place (Get 20% off using coupon code: FAITHFUL at checkout.
More Ways to Enjoy the Show
Would you rather listen to the audio? I got you, my friend. Just hit the play button below.
Learning how to put our complete trust in God isn’t easy. We say we trust God, but what we really mean is that we trust Him for what we want, when we want it. At Footprints of Inspiration we uncover who you are and why you were created; how to walk in healing through forgiveness; and how to go before the Lord with confidence. Through this journey, you’ll discover that it truly is possible to experience peace, even in the hardest times in your life.
Tammy Rotzoll is the founder and owner of Footprints of Inspiration and podcast host at A Faithful God Podcast (which can be found on your favorite podcast player). She lives in Virginia with her husband and together they’re learning how to navigate their fun, new adventure as empty nesters.
Join Tammy and the FOI community and discover the freedom that comes from saying, “Heck yeah, God! I’m all in!”