Are you ready to make easy no-sew vinyl gifts for mom this year?
How often do you scroll through Pinterest and find gifts that are either too expensive or require far more time than you actually have?
This year, I’ve adopted a new rule for myself. Are you ready for it?
Just because I can, doesn’t mean I should!
I love crafting. Truly, I do.
I have sewing machines, a Silhouette Cameo, and a heat press.
However, I found that because I knew how to make something from scratch, I felt I had to make elaborate gifts. Crazy, I know!
I would spend hours in front of the sewing machine, stressing myself out and then not have time to enjoy the Christmas season.
I really enjoy sewing, however, during the holidays, it was no longer fun for me.
For your convenience, this post contains affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase after clicking on one of the links, though your cost does not change, I may receive a small commission. For more information, see our privacy and disclaimers page.
It took me a long time to finally realize that there are many gorgeous crafting blanks available to us crafters and therefore, I could still make beautiful, personalized gifts. All in under 30 minutes!
Can I get an amen?!
Are you ready to enjoy Christmas and stop running around like a stressed-out fool this year?
Well, then join me, my friend!
I’ve put together some easy, no-sew Christmas gifts you can personalize using your Silhouette Cameo (or Cricut) cutting machine.
And the best part is, they’re gifts that your mom will actually love!
Scroll to the bottom for a printable list
- 17 x 17 Throw Pillows (Or whatever size you choose.)
- 18 x 18 Throw Pillow Covers (I prefer a “slouchy look” to my pillows.)
- Wooden Sign – This one is similar to the one that I have pictured below. You will, however, have to add a new Sawtooth Hanger to the back as there is already one in place to hang the picture horizontally.
- T-Shirt or Sweatshirt
- Buffalo Checked Bag
- Glossy Permanent Vinyl
- Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Teflon Sheets – For applying Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Transfer Tape – I use Clear Contact Paper from Dollar Tree. It’s better than the name brand transfer papers and costs a lot less. Plus, it can be used multiple times and since it is clear and marked, you’ll have an easier time applying your designs.
- Free SVG Cut Files. This file will download immediately.
Note: All of the SVG Cut Files have been designed so that there is no extra bulk when you are layering the vinyl. Therefore, when you cut your vinyl, you may see “blank areas.” Rest assured, this was done on purpose and when you layer your vinyl, you will no longer see this.
- Silhouette or Cricut Cutting Machine
- Cricut Weeding Tools (I prefer these over the Silhouette brand tools.)
- Cricut Cutting Mat (I also prefer these over the Silhouette brand mat.)
- Heat Press or Cricut Press – Personally, I prefer my heat press since it takes care of applying the necessary pressure needed for heat transfer vinyl, but if you don’t have a lot of space, then the Cricut Press or a household iron will work. Make sure that you are working on a hard stable surface so that you do not bend your ironing board.
Now let’s get to creating, shall we?
- No-Sew Family Tree Pillow (with free Family Tree SVG Cut File)
I absolutely love sprucing up my decor with fresh new pillows and your mom will love this one personalized with your family tree!
Simply add your family names, cut out your design and Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to your pillow. You’ll have this gift (and all of the gifts in this post) done in under 30 minutes.
- Amazing Mother Sign (with free Amazing Mother SVG Cut File)
What mom wouldn’t love walking past this gorgeous sign every day, reminding her just how much she is appreciated?
You can create it to go directly on her wall (using a Matte 631 Removable Vinyl), put it on a wooden sign, or place it on a print.
Truthfully, the sky is the limit.
- One Blessed Mama T-shirt or Sweatshirt (with free One Blessed Mama SVG Cut File)
Now, how stinking cute is this?
Grab some Heat Transfer Vinyl in your mom’s favorite color and apply it to a t-shirt, sweatshirt or even a blanket!
- Buffalo Check Bag
Who doesn’t need another cute bag?
Can I get an amen?
I love these adorable Buffalo Checked Bags and they are the perfect size for a quick weekend getaway.
You can personalize them with mom’s favorite color Heat Transfer Vinyl, but I personally love the brown that matches the color of the handles. (Be sure to check out the black and white buffalo checked bag too!)
- Personalize a Tru-Temp Bitty Tumbler with the free “To The World” SVG Cut File (or anything of your choice).
- Personalize a Tru-Temp Sipper with the free “Thou Shalt Not” SVG Cut File (or, again, anything of your choice).
- Personalize a Tall Skinny Tru-temp Tumbler – Spell out mom in your favorite font and apply it in the 651 Permanent Vinyl Color of your choice, and you’ve just made a very nice gift in under 10 minutes!
Truth be told, it’s nice to have several tumbler sizes for different occasions, and these babies will keep mom’s coffee (or chai!) hot in the winter and cold in the summer!
In fact, wouldn’t it be fun to personalize several different sizes and wrap them up in a basket? That way she can choose what she needs on any given day!
Now that right there is a big win in my book!
- Personalize a Vino 2 Go Tumbler
If your mom loves a glass of wine or two, then she will love this oh-so-cute Vino 2 Go Tumbler!
Again, you can spell out mom in your choice of Permanent Vinyl color, add a heart to the end of it (or add her name instead) and you have a great gift that she will love in under 10 minutes!
Wrap it up in a basket with her favorite bottle of wine and you have a thoughtful gift that she is sure to love! Maybe even throw in her favorite movie and a bag of popcorn. You can make it a movie night for the two of you.
What mom doesn’t love jewelry?
- Enamel Post Monogrammed Earrings
I love these simple little studs because they’re easy and go with everything. You can personalize these in under 10 minutes and they make a super cute gift!
- Toggle Necklace
If you’re monogramming some earrings, you should definitely include a matching monogrammed necklace.
You can have both of these done in under 10 minutes to make a great matching set!
So there you have it, my friend.
Easy, no-sew vinyl gifts for mom that she will actually love!
Don’t forget, just because you can make something from scratch, doesn’t mean you have to.
Use your Silhouette (or Cricut) cutting machine to make your life easier, not harder, this year, and make gifts that your friends and family will be excited to receive!
Thanks for stopping by the blog today. Be sure to take a look around before you go.
Pin for later
More great posts you may like
Special Note: This post may contain affiliate links. All opinions are my own. By purchasing products through these links, I may receive a small commission, however, your cost for the item does not change. Through this commission, I can continue my blog and purchase items to help in the day to day running of Footprints of Inspiration. For more information, see our privacy and disclaimer page.
Footprints of Inspiration is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”
Learning how to put our complete trust in God isn’t easy. We say we trust God, but what we really mean is that we trust Him for what we want, when we want it. At Footprints of Inspiration we uncover who you are and why you were created; how to walk in healing through forgiveness; and how to go before the Lord with confidence. Through this journey, you’ll discover that it truly is possible to experience peace, even in the hardest times in your life.
Tammy Rotzoll is the founder and owner of Footprints of Inspiration and podcast host at A Faithful God Podcast (which can be found on your favorite podcast player). She lives in Virginia with her husband and together they’re learning how to navigate their fun, new adventure as empty nesters.
Join Tammy and the FOI community and discover the freedom that comes from saying, “Heck yeah, God! I’m all in!”