I absolutely love Christmas and all that it brings with it. Spending time with family and friends, the glow of lights on the tree, festive music, nativities and Santa everywhere.
It also brings a very busy time for us all. Shopping for that special gift, wrapping presents, baking all those scrumptious goodies. It’s all a lot of fun, but very, very busy. Since we have so little extra time during the holidays, I thought I’d put together an Easy DIY Vintage Christmas Signs tutorial for you.
Seriously, this one is so easy, and it’ll take you no time at all.
You can throw these together to add some cuteness to your holiday decor or make them as a fun gift for someone on your list. Teachers, daycare providers, a hostess gift….the possibilities are endless. And did I mention that they are ridiculously easy?
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 8 x 10 Canvas
- Paint Brush – I prefer the foam brushes for this project
- Black Paint
- Modge Podge
(All of the items above can be found at Michael’s, Hobby Lobby or your favorite craft store. You can also order them below.)
- Your favorite printable (See Pinterest for an array of FREE ones) – I used regular printer paper for this project so that the black from the canvas would easily “streak through.” (yes, that’s a Tammy
technical termmade up phrase!)
- Paint the canvas black. This will take 2-3 coats to completely cover the white.
- Once the paint dries, brush modge podge onto the canvas and onto the back of your printable.
- Smooth printable over canvas being careful not to tear the paper.
- Brush another coat of modge podge on top of the printable. You’ll begin to see streaks of black coming up through the design – this gives it the “vintage look.” I applied two coats of this.
- Allow to dry completely.
That’s it! I promised you easy, didn’t I?
Now grab your supplies and start painting! Be sure to show me your DIY Vintage Christmas Signs! Post your pictures on my Facebook Page or Instagram and Twitter using #foicreations. I can’t wait to see them!
Thanks for stopping by and joining me for this very easy DIY! Do you have a favorite Christmas Project? Be sure to share it in the comments below.
Until next time, my friend….
P.S. Don’t miss out on a single post, sign-up for my newsletter below and get the scoop delivered right to your inbox.
Special Note: This post may contain affiliate links. All opinions are my own. By purchasing products through these links, I may receive a small commission, however, your cost for the item does not change.
Footprints of Inspiration is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”