Hi, friend! I’m so excited that you stopped by today! I’ve been jumping on the edge of my seat with excitement about showing you my Gallery Wall and it’s updated just in time for spring! Along with my favorite free printables, I’m including 6 Tips to get you started on your own gallery wall. So let’s dive in, shall we?
This post contains affiliate links.
We moved into our house about ten years ago and I’ve been staring at this blank wall in my entryway ever since. I knew it needed some love but just couldn’t decide what I wanted to do with it. Well, that is until I came across a post from Kara at Lillian Hope Designs. If you haven’t seen her gallery wall, check it out here! Isn’t it gorgeous?! When I saw what she did, I knew I had to do that with mine.
I started collecting items for it earlier this year – a little here, a little there – and finally got it done! And can I just say, I’m in love with it! I can’t walk past it without smiling. It just makes me happy!
Now that I’ve created my first one, I’m looking at all my walls a little differently and have some ideas for the near future. And don’t you worry…..when I get them done, I’ll share all the details with you.
With one wall under my belt, I’ve got some tips to help you put your gallery wall together as well as a buying guide to help you find the gems that I found.
6 Tips for creating a gorgeous gallery wall
- If you’re a DIYer (a.k.a hoarder – because essentially that’s what we DIYers are), you probably have some items stashed away that you can use, so check there before you begin buying anything.
- A gallery wall doesn’t have to cost a lot. Take your time gathering your art so you can take advantage of some killer sales. And don’t forget to check your local thrift shop! You can find some gorgeous gems in there and a can of spray paint will do wonders to spruce up a fun find.
- I’m quickly becoming a “printable-holic!” They are so fun and make gathering items for your Gallery Wall simple and CHEAP! Pinterest is teaming with free printables and I love that I can change them out for every season. If you like what I have, I put together a list for you below.
- There is no one way to construct a gallery wall. It can be as eclectic as you want. Do you want all photos? You can do that. Do you want everything to match? You can do that too! For me, I wanted my items to compliment each other but used different materials to add some depth to the wall.
- There are a couple schools of thought on how to approach hanging items on your Gallery Wall. Some people just start hanging, others map it out. This is your show, so do what works best for you. I personally laid mine out on the floor first, hung the center item, and then worked out from there. Be sure to stagger the different heights to make it more interesting.
Important tip: Keep in mind that if your Gallery Wall is above furniture, the base of the frame or items should be 8″ above the top of your furniture.
- I love, love, love command strips and was able to hang most of my items with them. You can find the ones that I used here. My husband also broke out this nifty little picture hanging level. Talk about easy! It was a lot less cumbersome than using a large level.
Where I bought my goodies
- Clip frame – Michaels
- Mighty Warrior picture – Signs of Hope
- Door knob hooks – Michaels
- Ledge – Pottery Barn
- Given to me by a friend – You can easily make your own with a frame and pictures found online or to make it more fun, pack a lunch and make a day of going to your favorite park and take pictures yourself!
- Wooden letter “R” – Michaels
- Candlestick – Target, Felt Ball Garland – Hobby Lobby
- “&” sign – Michaels
- Home Sign – The Wooded Lane
- Hello sign – Michaels
- Bottle cap mirror – made by your’s truly at Hands On Art Studio in Door County, WI. (If you ever find yourself in beautiful Door County, you have to check it out! It’s a fun way to spend the day!)
- Wooden Bunny – Hobby Lobby
- Surrender Cross – Radjoy
All of my black picture frames are from my “hoarding stash.”
Gallery Wall Printable List
- Happy Easter watercolor bunny – Free download from Silver Pennies.
- I Think I’ll Just Be Happy – Free download from Shanty2Chic.
- Hello spring rain boots – Free download from Holiday Printables.
- He Lives printable – free download from The 36th Avenue.
- “Let me look upward” printable – Free download from Pen N’ Paper Flowers. This printable is, by far, my favorite printable and will stay up year-round. I not only fell in love with it because of its message but also because of my love for trees. This is the only frame that I didn’t get from my “hoarding stash.” I thought it deserved a special frame of its own and I found this one at Michael’s.
So there you have it! My Gallery Wall. I hope this inspires you to find a wall to hang all of your gems…..and when you do, I’d love to see it! Share your pictures on social media and tag me @footprintsofinspiration and #footprintsofinspiration.
Thanks for joining me today! Be sure to sign up for my newsletter below so you don’t miss a single post.
Until next time, my friend…..
Special Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Unless otherwise noted, by purchasing products through these links, I may receive a small commission, however, your cost for the item does not change. Through this commission, I can continue my blog and purchase items to help in the day to day running of Footprints of Inspiration.
Footprints of Inspiration is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”
MORE GREAT POSTS YOU MAY LIKE
Learning how to put our complete trust in God isn’t easy. We say we trust God, but what we really mean is that we trust Him for what we want, when we want it. At Footprints of Inspiration we uncover who you are and why you were created; how to walk in healing through forgiveness; and how to go before the Lord with confidence. Through this journey, you’ll discover that it truly is possible to experience peace, even in the hardest times in your life.
Tammy Rotzoll is the founder and owner of Footprints of Inspiration and podcast host at A Faithful God Podcast (which can be found on your favorite podcast player). She lives in Virginia with her husband and together they’re learning how to navigate their fun, new adventure as empty nesters.
Join Tammy and the FOI community and discover the freedom that comes from saying, “Heck yeah, God! I’m all in!”