On any given day, you have an abundance of things vying for your attention. You’re longing for a deeper relationship with God and keep meaning to spend more time in His Presence, but every time you think you’re going to finally get that chance, something else comes up that needs to be done. So you put it off for another day.
It’s completely understandable and it certainly doesn’t make you less of a Christian. God knows the difficulties of living on this earth. He understands, but He longs for a deeper relationship with you too.
For your convenience, this post contains affiliate links. For more information, read our disclaimers and privacy page here.
Any time you give to God is quality time that He desires. (Be sure to read Why God Desires Quiet Time with You.) It doesn’t have to be an elaborate setup. All He wants is for you to include Him in your day to day happenings, to let Him know that you know He is there for you, and will never leave you.
So often, people think that in order to spend time with Him, it’s got to be something grand.
However, there are plenty of ways you can incorporate time with Him in your very busy day. You just need to think outside the box a little. After all, God is so much bigger than a little box so we really shouldn’t try to stuff Him into one.
Today I’ve put together some easy ways you can spend time with Him in your very busy day.
Easy ways to spend more time with God
- Wake up 30 minutes earlier than everyone else. There is absolutely nothing I love more than getting up early when everyone else is asleep and spending time reading my devotional and working in my prayer journal. (If you’ve never used a prayer journal, be sure to read How to Start A Prayer Journal.)
- On your way to work. It doesn’t matter how long your commute is, instead of listening to the radio, spend that time in prayer. Turn everything off and start praying (and listening!) to Him. Or you could pull up your favorite Christian podcast. (See some of my favorites below!)
- While the kids are at practice. Do you spend time running the kids to practice and then sitting idle for the duration, which could be anywhere from 1-2 hours? Next time, sit in the car or go off in a little corner of the gym by yourself and spend some time with your devotional. Who knows, perhaps you’ll even inspire someone else to start deepening their relationship with God too!
- During your lunch hour. This could be at work or at home. Instead of spending your lunch hour scrolling through social media, find a quiet spot and dive into your Bible and prayer journal. I can’t think of a better way to get a midday pick-me-up….being inspired by God’s word!
- Turn off the TV 30 minutes before you’re ready for bed and end the day in His word. It’s the perfect ending to your day, thanking God for all that he has done for you.
Great podcasts to try
- The Curious Living Summit – This is what I’ve been listening to lately and it is so very good! It’s not available right now, but you can get on the waitlist here.
- The Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey – I haven’t started this one yet, but it’s next on my list after I finish the above summit. In fact, that’s where I first heard of Jamie!
- The Dave Ramsey Show – As a lot of you know, my husband and I are on a journey to become debt-free and Dave Ramsey has been an incredible Christian mentor through this entire process. He has a great message, even if you aren’t on the debt-free journey.
- Jesus Calling Podcast – The Jesus Calling devotional was my first introduction to Sarah Young and I’ve been hooked ever since.
I know you’re wanting more time with God and I know that you’re very busy, but there are plenty of ways to deepen your relationship with Him.
Throughout the day, even whispering His name when you’re feeling overwhelmed will bring a feeling of peace through you like nothing else can.
So try these little changes in your day. Start looking for ways to bring God into your life and deepen your walk with Him. He is right there, waiting for you to go to Him.
Come close to God and God will come close to you. James 4:8 NLT
Do you have a favorite way of spending time in His Presence? Be sure to share it below!
Until next time, my friend…..
P.S. Don’t miss a single post. Sign-up for our newsletter below.
Special Note: This post may contain affiliate links. All opinions are my own. By purchasing products through these links, I may receive a small commission, however, your cost for the item does not change.
Footprints of Inspiration is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”