I’ve had a lot of requests to share my quarterly review and I think it’s an incredible idea! There’s nothing like being held accountable and I hope that by sharing these posts, it’ll help to motivate you so you can knock your goals completely out of the park! So, without any further ado, let’s get to my 2nd Quarter Goals In Review!
This post contains affiliate links
I wish I could tell you that I conquered all of my goals this quarter, but unfortunately, it just didn’t happen. Honestly, though, I think a lot of us find that we don’t hit every single goal. I’ve heard people say that when you don’t hit them all, you should readjust those goals and bring them down to a more manageable list. However, I disagree. I believe that if your goals don’t challenge you, then they aren’t big enough.
I, for one, don’t want to go through life easily attaining everything I strive for. I want to be challenged and learn along the way. I want to grow and if I am not reaching for something big enough, then I’m not growing.
This was a tough quarter for my family and I. I had surgery in April and wound up back in the hospital in May and June as well. Also, my youngest, had to have surgery on his shoulder, so we’ve been burning up the roads to and from doctor’s visits as well as hospital visits. To say it’s been a challenge is an understatement, but the show must go on and we pushed through.
I continue to read everything I can get my hands on that has to do with Time Management/Goals because I’m constantly looking for ways to improve. This quarter I read The 12 week Year and I highly recommend this book. It’s helping me to become even more intentional with my Daily Conquer List.
So let’s see how I did.
2nd Quarter Goal:
- Paying off 2 of our debts – Unfortunately, we didn’t hit this goal. Those hospital stays and time out of work just didn’t allow it to happen this quarter. I’m moving this to our 3rd quarter goals.
- Continue looking at my checkbook register and staying on top of the bills 2 days/week. This may seem like overkill, but I want to obsess over the bills in the sense that they are constantly in front of me, keeping me motivated to continue moving forward. – Success! Though we couldn’t pay off the debt we had hoped, I stayed on top of the bills.
To stay on track for the 3rd quarter, I’ll take every paycheck and immediately assign every single dollar to its proper place.
Useful tip: If you want to stop living paycheck to paycheck and start taking control of yourmoney, read The #1 Step to Becoming Debt Free.
We’ll continue working through Financial Peace University by Dave Ramsey.
I’m also participating in Rosemarie Groner’s 90 Day Budget Bootcamp (you can sign up on the right sidebar of her blog). This is a free class and she walks you through 90 days of assignments to help you nail down your budget and begin the journey of becoming debt-free.
2nd Quarter Goal:
- Join the 30 Day Kindness Challenge – I didn’t meet this goal because of spending so much time in the hospital. Most days I didn’t feel well enough to do much of anything. Therefore, I’m moving this to my 3rd quarter goal and I’m excited to begin working through it again.
2nd Quarter Goal:
- Pick a room once/week that my husband and I will deep clean – Success! Honestly, given how I was feeling, I’m surprised we hit this goal, but we did! It definitely motivated us to have a graduation party for my youngest at the house. Nothing like having guests over to push you into cleaning! And now that the house has been completely cleaned, it’s been far easier to keep it that way!
- Do 2 loads of laundry from start to finish Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. I will load the washer the night before and set the timer so that the first load is finished by the time I wake up in the morning. – Did not complete, so I’m moving this to my 3rd quarter goal.
2nd Quarter Goal:
- Exercise 3 times/week – I’m going to try a different strategy this quarter. I’ll be working from 6:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. After I’m off, I’ll still have plenty of the day left to hit the gym. (This is my work from home days – not the days I work at the dental office.) – Did not complete since I’ve been feeling so ill, so I’m moving this to my 3rd quarter goal. Now let’s pray I can stay healthy enough to conquer this!
BUSINESS – Footprints of Inspiration
2nd Quarter Goals:
- Launch my free Goal Setting/Time Managment e-course by June 1. – Success!
(I’m getting some great feedback from this course and I love hearing how much it’s helping you! If you haven’t signed up for this yet, take a moment to do so now! This class is not just for entrepreneurs. It’s for the overwhelmed mom, juggling too many balls in the air. The woman who has a lot of dreams, but it’s all she can do to get through the day, let alone, actually turn her dreams into actionable steps that she can conquer!)
SIGN-UP FOR CONQUERING YOUR GOALS – TURNING YOUR DREAMS INTO ACTIONABLE STEPS
- Batch all my posts and newsletters 1 month out. – A hefty goal but one I’m determined to conquer. – Success!
- Complete Unit 6 in Elite Blog Academy. – Did not complete, but I’m well on my way to have this finished and Unit 7 started by the end of the 3rd quarter.
If you aren’t familiar with Elite Blog Academy, it is by far the gold standard in blogging classes. I enrolled in February 2016 and it has been the best investment that I’ve ever made in myself. Sounds drastic, I know, but it’s the truth. (Ruth Soukup is the founder of this class and she only opens enrollment at certain times of the year. I have no idea when it will open next, but your best bet is to sign-up for the waiting list here. I believe with my whole heart that every blogger should take this class!)
- Begin researching my new product to put together for 3rd quarter launch. – Success! I’ve started this and can’t wait to share it with you!
- Read The Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkinson – a book that was recommended by a friend (Thanks, Rachelle!) – Did not complete exactly – I actually listened to the 12 week Year audio on a drive out to visit my son instead and I’m moving The Dream Giver to my reading list for sometime in the 3rd quarter.
3rd Quarter Goals:
- Complete Unit 6 in Elite Blog Academy and begin Unit 7.
- Continue producing my new product to launch late 3rd quarter.
- Increase my email subscribers by 100%. (a lofty goal, but with the help of Elite Blog Academy and working through my assignments, I should be able to hit it.)
- Read The Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkinson
What worked for me:
- Mid-quarter, I started “Eating My Frog First.” If you aren’t familiar with Eat that Frog by Brian Tracy, I highly recommend reading it. He’s got some great strategies to help you increase your productivity. The premise of the book is that you take your least favorite task and complete it first so that for the rest of the day, everything else will be a “piece of cake” compared to eating a frog. It’s genius and when I started doing this, it completely changed how productive I became.
- Choosing a Theme for the day. I learned this from the Daily Productivity Guide for Bloggers and it really helped to have a central theme for the day. I felt far more productive and inspired working on similar tasks all day instead of jumping from blog posts to social media to newsletters to backend site updates. It always takes me a little time to get in my groove for the day and this really cut down on that by staying with one focus. I can easily go from task to task and stay in my groove. (This is a guide by Ruth Soukup from Elite Blog Academy. It’s not available at this time, however, if you subscribe to my email list, I’ll be sure to let you know when it is!)
- Time Blocking continues to be a key strategy for me that helps me stay 100% focused when I’m working. I turn off my e-mail and social media notifications. I don’t spend time scrolling through Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. I save my “scrolling time” for when I’m waiting in a doctor’s office, or sitting in front of the TV. (If you aren’t familiar with time blocking, you can find more information here.)
- This quarter, I continued to stream lectures, tutorials, and books that I could listen to on my drive into work (at the dental office) and other longer trips. This was a huge time saver for me.
- I’m getting better at “keeping my blinders on.” I’ve cut down on how many people I follow and refusing to go off course by not getting sidetracked. If I find something that I know I’m going to want to take part in, I write it on my “brain dump list” so that I don’t forget about it and I go back to it when I’ve completed my current task.
- I’ve learned to be intentional with my goals and my time – making everything on my “daily conquer list.” intentional.
What I’m going to change:
- Since I despise cleaning and laundry, I’m going to make them “my frogs” and complete them first thing. This will help me mentally which in turn will make me better able to focus when I’m working.
- I’m keeping my Word of the Year front and center and staying determined to conquer my goals.
So when it comes to meeting your goals, use your time wisely and pay attention to your time suckers. Once you recognize what they are, put systems in place to help you stay clear of them.
Thanks again, for the great idea of sharing my reviews with you. I hope it helps to motivate you into reaching your goals as well.
If you need help with accountability, start by writing everything down. Then hit reply to this email and tell me what you have planned for the 3rd quarter. (You can, also, comment below or even tag me on social media.)
Be sure to sign up for my newsletter so you don’t miss a single post!
Until next time, my friend…..
P.S. Need a step by step strategy for turning your dreams into attainable goals? Enroll in my free e-course, Conquering Your Goals – Turning your dreams into actionable steps and get started today!
Special Note: This post may contain affiliate links. All opinions are my own. By purchasing products through these links, I may receive a small commission, however, your cost for the item does not change.
Footprints of Inspiration is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”