I can’t even believe that we are on the downslope of closing out 2016! Where’s the time going? This year has gone by at record speed and I still have a lot of goals that I need to accomplish. With the new year breathing down our necks, it’s time for 17 Before 2017 and I’m challenging you to join me!
Last year, I worked through my 16 Before 2016 with Lisa Jacobs of Marketing Creativity and it made a huge impact in my productivity! This year I’m joining Lisa, again, to give me that last push I need to finish the year out strong.
I can’t describe the feeling of coming to the end of the year and seeing all of my goals marked out on paper and the absolute incredible satisfaction I experience when it’s done. WOW, it makes me feels as if I’ve climbed the highest mountain! (just so we’re clear, I have no desire to ever climb a mountain so don’t expect a post on that!)
So let’s get started! Remember those goals we put together awhile back? Go ahead and pull those out. How’re you doing with them? If you missed my post on setting goals, you can catch up here. Here are a couple of other things to consider when making your list:
- Is there something you’ve been “meaning to do” this year and still haven’t gotten to? Let’s tackle it now! How awesome would it feel to have that item knocked out and to start 2017 with it completed?
- What do you need to do to make 2016 feel successful to you?
- Do you still have goals left undone?
- What’s nagging at you – you know, that item that you know you need to do, but you keep putting it off. Those are the items that feel the best to accomplish!
- If you need more help with your list, check out Lisa’s list of prompts here.
Now grab your favorite beverage (you know mine is chai!), find a comfy place to sit, and start crafting your 17 Before 2017 list.
We are holding each other accountable, so it’s only fair for you to see mine!
Complete the FAFSA for both of the boys– Ahhh, the dreaded FAFSA. I will have this completed very soon. I want it out of my hair so I don’t have to think about it again until next year. Fill out collegeand scholarships applications – work with the boys to fill out 2 scholarships/week. Such a tedious process, but it’s FREE MONEY and every little bit helps! (If you have a high school senior, head over to my post here for an important list of what to do their senior year.)
- Finish working through Financial Peace University – If you aren’t familiar with this program by Dave Ramsey, I highly recommend you check it out here. This is an incredible program that teaches you how to put your money to work for you instead of having your money control you. It is so incredibly freeing to start living this way! My husband and I have been working through it and to say that it’s been life changing is an understatement. We are going in a forward direction with this and should pay off all consumer debt by the end of 2018!
Put together our 1-year financial plan– My husband and I are determined to stop letting our money control our life. By putting together a complete list of what needs to be paid and when it’ll be paid off, we’ll stay motivated, on track, and eventually debt-free! Have a Christmas decorating day– already scheduled for Nov 25. I love the look of a home when it’s decked out in Christmas cheer! In recent years, I’ve been so busy that I’ve barely been able to slap up a handful of decorations. Believe me when I tell you that my youngest notices when everything isn’t up! Yep, he’s 18 years old and it’s still an important tradition to him. So, this year I vow to spend an entire day decorating until it’s done rather than throw a couple things up here and a couple things up there. Have all Christmas shopping done by Nov 30– Not only has my decorating suffered with how busy I’ve been, but my Christmas shopping got put on hold until the last minute too. Not this year! In fact, I’ve already started….how about you?
Have a Christmas wrapping day– already scheduled for Dec 2. I love, love, love wrapping presents and for the first time (inspired by Lisa!), I’m going to have a day dedicated just to that. I’ll turn on the Christmas music, have plenty of chai ready, and wrap the day away! (BTW, isn’t that wrapping gorgeous? You can find Ann’s gift wrapping ideas here.)
- Complete my “secret Christmas decor” for a blog post – I bit off more than I could chew with this project, so I’m setting aside for 2017.
Get through Chapter 3 of my blogging class– I’ve been working through a blogging class since February of this year and loving every minute of it, but with the hordes of distractions out there, it’s tough to get things done. I’m going to put my blinders on to all information (except for what’s listed below) and stay focused on what is in my lesson plan. Learn Pinterest Strategy– Did you know there was even a strategy for Pinterest? If you’re a business owner, Pinterest is an incredible marketing tool and I intend to learn everything I can about it. Learn Google Analytics– Ahhhh, google analytics….it kind of speaks for itself. I’ll learn the ins and outs of GA. Take a photography class– I’m determined to learn how to take better pictures and understand the settings on my camera. I’m a “point and shoot” girl, so I have a lot to learn. Begin “Your Best Year 2017” by Lisa Jacobs– 2016 has brought on some HUGE changes for me and it all started when I began working through YBY 2016. I’ve told you about this book in the past and I’m tickled that ya’ll are loving it as much as I am. Lisa is a genius at getting you to dig deep and see what’s working for you and what isn’t. In fact, she helped me (by way of the workbook) figure out that it was time to close my shop and move into blogging – something that I was very apprehensive to do, but has made me so incredibly happy! This book isn’t just for entrepreneurs – I highly recommend it for everyone. You can pick up Your Best Year 2017 now so you’re ready to hit the ground running in 2017! Clean out my inboxes– Oh, the pesky inbox! I have a love/hate relationship with mine. No worries, I’ll use Time Blocking to help me knock this out quickly. If you need help working through a dreaded chore, you can find an easy strategy here.
- Triple my email list – I’m working diligently on reaching more people and by the end of the year, I want to, at least, triple my numbers. I didn’t make this goal, but I’m well on my way and should be able to hit it sometime in the 2nd quarter.
Put together some fun freebies for my friends (aka YOU)– That’s right! I’ve got some freebies in the works for you and can’t wait to share them!
- Begin working on my own 30 day Devotional – I’ve got a 30 Day Devotional Challenge in the back of my mind and will begin work on it by the end of the year! I’ve decided to go in a little different direction with this, so I’ve pushed it back to later in 2017.
Wow! That’s a hefty list, but I’m determined to conquer it! I’d love for you to join me in this 17 Before 2017 Challenge and have you conquer a list of your own.
Remember when we talked about Scheduling your day to reach your peak performance (if you missed that post, you can find it here)? Pull this list out when you’re scheduling your day. Let your goals be the manager of your time and you’ll have it knocked out in no time!
Leave me a comment below with the #1 item on your list. I’ll be checking in on you through the newsletter, so make sure you are subscribed. Here’s to finishing 2016 strong and conquering our goals together!
Until next time, my friend…..
P.S. Need a step by step strategy for turning your dreams into attainable goals? Enroll in my free e-course, Conquering Your Goals – Turning your dreams into actionable steps and get started today!
Special Note: This post may contain affiliate links. All opinions are my own. By purchasing products through these links, I may receive a small commission, however, your cost for the item does not change. Through this commission, I can continue my blog and purchase items to help in the day to day running of Footprints of Inspiration.
Footprints of Inspiration is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”
MORE GREAT POSTS YOU MAY LIKE
Conquering Your Goals - Turning your dreams into actionable steps FREE e-course
Join thousands of others who are achieving their goals and learning how to live a life they can be proud of.