I’ll be the first to admit, I’m a Time Management geek. If there’s an article on Time Management, I’m reading it. If there’s a new strategy to help me become more productive and reach my goals, I’ll try it.
For your convenience, this post may contain affiliate links
Since I started my own business, I’ve had to learn the hard way to be more efficient with my time. Working full time from home, part-time outside of the home, keeping up the house and laundry (which I fail at regularly), taking care of both household and business finances, and trying to make sure I spend time with my family when I’ve got all this breathing down my neck – well let’s just agree that it’s a challenge and difficult to reach my goals.
It’s been a journey, but I’m finally feeling pretty good about how I’m handling my time these days and thought I’d share my 10 tips for a more productive day to help you spend your time more efficiently.
10 Tips for a More Productive Day
- Get up early – Honestly, I love to sleep in. It’s such a treat to have a lazy morning in bed when I don’t have to go anywhere, but every single time I sleep in, my days are less productive because I’ve started my day in “lazy mode.”
- Start your day by getting ready – even if you work from home. Oh, I know how tempting it is to jump out of bed and stay in your jammies all day. In fact, I admit, I still do this from time to time. But the days I get up and get myself showered and dressed, I feel far more prepared to conquer my day.
- Start your morning with Jesus – I’m a year into reading a daily devotional and to say that it’s changed my life is an understatement. Spending that quiet time with Jesus really helps me to start my day focusing on what’s really important. If you don’t have a devotional, I highly recommend Jesus Calling or Jesus Always by Sarah Young. I spend time reading the day’s devotional, Bible passages that go along with it, journaling what resonated most with me, and writing out my prayers. This has helped me beyond anything I could’ve ever imagined. If you don’t currently write out your prayers, I encourage you to try it. It’s not only therapeutic, but I feel like it’s given me a deeper relationship with Him.
- Set yourself up at a desk or table – Don’t get me wrong…there are plenty of days that I sit in my recliner with my feet up, snuggled under a blanket, working the day away. However, I find that I’m far more productive sitting at my desk in work mode.
- Schedule your day – There is nothing more satisfying than listing out what needs to be done that day and checking it off as you go along. If you need help with how to Schedule Your Day to Reach Your Peak Performance, check out this blog post to help you.
- Have your favorite background noise going – I don’t work well in complete silence and I hear this challenge from reader’s all the time. My favorite productivity background noise is Noisli. It has different sounds and combinations to choose from including my favorite, “coffee shop.”
- Turn off all notifications on your phone and computer – I know, I know, what if you miss something? Chances are you won’t. In fact, if you were working at a job outside your home, you probably wouldn’t be allowed to have your cell phone anyway. I turn off my data during “work blocks.” It’s a win, win – I’m not getting interrupted and I’m not being charged for data during those times. I also assign certain ringtones and notifications for family members. That way I know who is contacting me and whether I need to answer immediately or able to check it during my next scheduled break.
- Time Block your way through the day – If you aren’t familiar with Time Blocking, check out this post on how it’s done. This has been the single most productive tool I’ve ever used and has helped me to increase my production more than anything else I’ve ever tried.
- Keep your ultimate goal front and center – The best way to stay motivated is to have your goals front and center. If you need help setting goals for yourself, check out this blog post. You can even pretty it up by making a cute printable in Pik Monkey or any other photo editing program. Put it in a fun frame and place it right on your desk where you can look at it throughout the day!
- Use an app like Rescue Time to analyze how you’re spending your time on the computer – This is a great tool that can be added as an extension on your browser and help you analyze how your time is spent throughout the day.
I have no doubt that if you implement these 10 tips into your day, you’ll see your productivity increase and your good days multiply. Because let’s face it, there’re a lot of things that help us have a good day, and being more productive is right near the top of that list.
Thanks for joining me today! If you have a great productivity tip, be sure to share it in the comments below.
Don’t miss out on a single post. Sign-up for my newsletter and have it delivered directly to your inbox!
Until next time, my friend…..
P.S. If you’re looking for more help in reaching your goals, be sure to sign up for my free e-course, “Conquering Your Goals – Turning your dreams into actionable goals!” I’ll walk you step by step on how to start meeting your goals and living your life on purpose.
Special Note: This post may contain affiliate links. All opinions are my own. By purchasing products through these links, I may receive a small commission, however, your cost for the item does not change.
Footprints of Inspiration is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”
MORE GREAT POSTS YOU MAY LIKE
Enroll now in the FREE Conquering Your Goals - Turning your dreams into actionable steps e-course.
Join thousands of others who are achieving their goals and learning how to live a life they can be proud of.
(And receive regular tips, strategies and promotions to help you live out your dreams.)