In today’s uncertain world, it’s easy to become consumed in the fear of what’s coming, so I put together 10 Bible Verses About Hope & Strength to help you find the encouragement you need in those unsettling times.
My inbox is filled with words like
In a world that is falling apart faster than we can process it, it’s no wonder our feelings are taking over, holding our thoughts hostage, and forcing us to question everything around us.
For your convenience, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of the links below, though your cost does not change, I may receive a small commission. For more information, see our privacy and disclaimers.
YOUR SECRET WEAPON FOR HOPE
Do you find it difficult to grasp anything that resembles hope, certain that with the new day, one more brick on that wall you’ve tried so hard to build has fallen?
I know you are desperately seeking hope and news that relief is coming. You are desperately fighting for the strength to put one foot in front of the other.
There is only one secret weapon for hope!
It is where you will find the strength, encouragement, and the remedy to battle those fears that plague you.
WHERE IS GOD
I know in these uncertain times, it’s hard to see God, difficult to feel his presence.
You may have even asked, “God, where are you?”
With all the death and destruction, financial uncertainty, and unpredictability of what’s coming next, it can seem that God is nowhere to be found.
Did you know that throughout the entire book of Esther, God is not mentioned? There are no signs of his presence. It’s a book filled with darkness and yet, his light seems nowhere to be found.
Even in all the ugliness that is shown throughout Esther, God still prevails.
Death and destruction have become a pandemic sweeping through the world, dividing countries, and belief systems. No one is on the same page, every one certain that their ideas are the answers we are looking for.
Thankfully, God takes what was meant for evil (in the book of Esther and in our lives today) and turns it into good. His hand is found in every immoral act, working it to fulfill his purpose.
In The Book of Mysteries by Jonathan Cahn, he explains the book of Esther as this:
“It’s the book that speaks of all the times in your life you don’t feel the presence of God, when you don’t hear His voice, when you don’t see His hand, when there’s no sign of His love or purpose, and when He seems far away or not there at all.”
Cahn continues to write,
“Even though you don’t feel His presence, it is there still. Even though you don’t see His hand, it is still moving. Even when you don’t hear His voice, He is still speaking, even in the silence. Even when you feel abandoned and alone, still His love is there. And even when he seems hopelessly far away from you, He is still right there beside you, working every detail in your life for His purposes and your redemption.”
In the end, God’s light will always show through. Good will always overcome bad – ALWAYS.
You just have to find the source of good, and thankfully, it can easily be found in the Bible.
In fact, it is the only source of lasting comfort!
10 Bible Verses About Hope & Strength
I’ve put together a list of 10 Bible Verses About Hope & Strength to help you grow rooted in God’s promises, and to encourage you when you can’t feel him.
- Yet, the strength of those who wait with hope in the Lord will be renewed. They will soar on wings like eagles. They will run and won’t become weary. They will walk and won’t grow tired. Isaiah 40:31 GW
- I always keep the Lord in front of me. When he is by my side, I cannot be moved. That is why my heart is glad and my soul rejoices. My body rests securely because you do not abandon my soul to the grave or allow your holy one to decay. Psalm 16:8-10 GW
- I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope. Jeremiah 29:11 GW
- The Lord your God is with you. He is a hero who saves you. He happily rejoices over you, renews you with his love, and celebrates over you with shouts of joy. Zephaniah 3:17 GW
- May the God of your hope so fill you with all joy and peace in believing [through the experience of your faith] that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound and be overflowing (bubbling over) with hope. Romans 15:13 AMPC
- For this is the hope of our salvation. But hope means that we must trust and wait for what is still unseen. For why would we need to hope for something we already have? So because our hope is set on what is yet to be seen, we patiently keep on waiting for its fulfillment. And in a similar way, the Holy Spirit takes hold of us in our human frailty to empower us in our weakness. For example, at times we don’t even know how to pray, or know the best things to ask for. But the Holy Spirit rises up within us to super-intercede on our behalf, pleading to God with emotional sighs too deep for words. Romans 8:24-26 TPT
- But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet. 1 Thessalonians 5:8 NIV
- Be strong, courageous, and firm; fear not nor be in terror before them, for it is the Lord your God Who goes with you; He will not fail you or forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6 AMPC
- God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and death shall be no more, neither shall there be anguish (sorrow and mourning) nor grief nor pain any more, for the old conditions and the former order of things have passed away. Revelation 21:4 AMPC
- We view our slight, short-lived troubles in the light of eternity. We see our difficulties as the substance that produces for us an eternal, weighty glory far beyond all comparison, because we don’t focus our attention on what is seen but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but the unseen realm is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 TPT
FREE HOPE & FAITH SCRIPTURE CHALLENGE
God is not up there wringing his hands, fretting over what’s going on. He has it all under control and will work every situation out for his plan and your good.
And that right there is something to celebrate!
The 10 Bible verses about hope & strength are a small handful of the scriptures that can be found in the bible, encouraging and reminding you that no matter what goes on in your life, you are never alone.
In fact, I invite you to join us for our FREE Hope & Faith Scripture Writing Challenge.
Each day, I’ll send a new verse for you to read. Then simply write each verse in different translations using Bible Gateway (or your favorite Bible App).
It’s an easy, yet powerful way to understand the Bible and learn how it is relevant in your life today.
Sign up by subscribing to our newsletter below, or get more details at Free Hope & Faith Scripture Writing Challenge.
Whether you are joining us for the Free Hope & Faith Scripture Writing Challenge or meditating on the verses above, my prayer is that you grow in your understanding of God’s love for you.
When you know how much God loves you, then you will understand that there is absolutely nothing on this earth that can destroy you.
There is no doubt you will still have challenges, but the great news is, God wins every single time!
And that means you do too!
Oh, and be sure to download our FREE Blank Scripture Cards from the FOI Community Library. They are a great way for you to write down the hope and strength verses above so you can tuck them in your pocket and have them handy when you need them.
Until next time, my friend…
More great posts you may like
Pin for later
Special Note: This post may contain affiliate links. All opinions are my own. By purchasing products through these links, I may receive a small commission, however, your cost for the item does not change. Through this commission, I can continue my blog and purchase items to help in the day to day running of Footprints of Inspiration. For more information, see our privacy and disclaimer page.
Footprints of Inspiration is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”
Learning how to put our complete trust in God isn’t easy. We say we trust God, but what we really mean is that we trust Him for what we want, when we want it. At Footprints of Inspiration we uncover who you are and why you were created; how to walk in healing through forgiveness; and how to go before the Lord with confidence. Through this journey, you’ll discover that it truly is possible to experience peace, even in the hardest times in your life.
Tammy Rotzoll is the founder and owner of Footprints of Inspiration and podcast host at A Faithful God Podcast (which can be found on your favorite podcast player). She lives in Virginia with her husband and together they’re learning how to navigate their fun, new adventure as empty nesters.
Join Tammy and the FOI community and discover the freedom that comes from saying, “Heck yeah, God! I’m all in!”