Don’t ya just love your Silhouette? It’s my favorite machine in my studio and every time I think I’ve learned everything there is to know, I find something else this amazing little beast can do. If you don’t already love your little crafting wonder, stick around….I’ll have you swooning over yours in no time! Today I’m going to show you the magnificent world of Print and Cut with your Silhouette!
I know a lot of people who are intimidated by this process, but I promise you, it’s truly not as difficult as it sounds. Just follow along with this tutorial and you’ll be a Print and Cut DIY Diva in no time!
Today we’ll use the Super Bowl Photo Booth Prop file to learn the art of P & C. Head to this post to download your Free Cut File (this can be used for commercial use, however, please don’t sell the file itself – thank you, my friend!)
Once you open the free file in Silhouette Studio, follow the steps below
- Open the “page setting” window and adjust the width to 8.5″ and height to 11″
- Open the “registration marks” window. Choose the correct machine in the Style dropdown.
Hint: to get extra room on your mat, move the Left Inset, Top Inset and Right Inset all the way to the left. DO NOT, however, move the Bottom Inset or your machine may not read the registration marks properly when cutting.
- Position your design on the mat and be sure that it’s within the registration marks (cross hatches) and the red cut line.
- Select the “print” button on the top left bar. Adjust your print settings to your needs and hit print!
- After your design has printed, put your cardstock on the mat so that the black registration square is in the upper left corner – just like the picture above.
- Open your “cut settings” window, make the proper selections and hit cut.
Your Silhouette will read the registration marks and cut your design!
Important: If you’re cutting the Super Bowl Photo Booth Props, head to this post to see how to properly cut the “thought bubbles.”
And that’s all there is to it, my friend! It’s a few extra steps, but once you’ve done it a time or two, you’ll be printing and cutting like a pro!
Thanks for joining me today. I’d love to see your designs! Be sure to share them on my Facebook page or on your favorite social media with #foiprintandcut!
Don’t miss out on a single post! Sign up for my newsletter and have every post delivered right to your inbox.
Until next time, my friend……
Special Note: This post may contain affiliate links. All opinions are my own. By purchasing products through these links, I may receive a small commission, however, your cost for the item does not change.
Footprints of Inspiration is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”